DENVER METRO MARKET UPDATE: MARCH 2018
February was a big month for Denver Metro’s real estate market, with average single family home prices topping a half million dollars at $502,986. In the Denver Metro market (including Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Elbert, Gilpin, Jefferson and Park counties), we also saw:
- 2,927 total homes sold; down 2.82 percent from January
- Average sold price in the single-family home market jumped to $502,986 (up 2.48 percent from January)
- Median sold price in the single-family home market jumped to $435,000 (up 4.44 percent from January)
- Average sold price in the condo market increased to $345,632 (down 0.21 percent from January)
- Median sold price in the condo market increased to $296,000 (up 3.86 percent from January)
- 4,084 active listings at the close of February, an increase in a month when we typically see a seasonal decline
Considering the median sold price in the area, what can you expect to get around Denver Metro for $400,000? As you can see from the sample listings below, what you get varies by area, so depending on your priorities you could get anything from a trendy condo near Coors Field to a good size family home in a hot North Metro community.
4695 Clay Street, Denver CO, 80211 – $400,000
2 beds, 1 Full bath, 693 sq.ft.
Built in 1919
6761 E 114th Avenue, Thornton, CO 80233 – $400,000
3 beds, 2 1/2 bath, 2,859 sq. ft.
Built in 2005
4225 Prairie Drive, Brighton, CO 80601 – $399,900
4 beds, 2 3/4 baths, 3,074 sq. ft.
This home has not been built yet, which would allow you to choose your finishes and add your own personal touches throughout.
1929 Windemere Lane, Erie CO, 80516 – $399,999
5 beds, 4 baths, 2,956 sq. ft.
Built in 2007
14744 E Crestridge Drive, Aurora, CO 80015 (Condo) – $398,008
2 Beds, 2 1/2 Baths, 1,842 sq. ft.
Built in 2017
1700 Bassett Street #313, Denver, CO 80202 (Condo) – $400,000
1 Bed, 1 Bath, 709 sq. ft.
Built in 2005
*Data sourced from Denver Metro Association of Realtors Market Trends Committee: https://www.dmarealtors.com/city-and-county-market-trends-reports-mar-18