May 14, 2018
With spring finally creeping into the Front Range and the weather warming-up, we are reminded of some simple steps to take to keep our homes looking great and operating efficiently.
Included below are our top Spring home maintenance tips.
- Clean your dryer vent. While keeping the lint trap clean is a priority, some lint will inevitably make its way into the vent. A clean vent will save you money by reducing the amount of time it has to run and prevent potential home fires, which are often caused by clogged vents.
- Clean or replace your furnace filter. This will this provide cleaner air throughout your home and reduce the cost of your utility bill.
- Inspect your water heater. Look for signs of rust or leaks.
Note: Atlas residents should contact us immediately if you see any of these warning signs.
- Vacuum your refrigerator coils. Located at the bottom or back of your fridge, the coils are forced to work harder when covered when dust. Cleaning them ensures your appliance will run more efficiently and save you money on your electric bill.
- Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Test your detectors every month.
- Test your attic fan, a/c unit, central air unit, or evaporative cooler (swamp cooler).
Note: If you reside at an Atlas managed property and your unit is not functioning properly please contact us so that we may service the unit.
- Maintain the lawn and shrubbery. Remove leaves and debris that may have collected over winter. Mow your lawn regularly and keep the grass below 3” at all times.
- Inspect the gutters. Remove leaves and debris from the gutters to assure water can properly flow off your roof and away from the homes foundation.